Delta News Hub 6/3/2019
Giving customers greater choice, Delta is introducing more ways to use and earn miles in the air, on the ground and everywhere in between.
Here are five of the latest ways Members can use and earn miles as customers gear up for summer travel and all year long:
1. Earn miles on ticket purchases with Ticketmaster: With the newest way to earn miles, SkyMiles Members can now earn one mile per dollar* spent on tickets for concerts, games or theatre events in the U.S. and Canada purchased through Ticketmaster. Members simply visit delta.com/Ticketmaster, enter their SkyMiles number, and then search for and purchase their tickets. To celebrate this launch, Delta and Ticketmaster are upping the game – Members can earn three miles per dollar* spent from June 3 – Aug. 31.
2. Catch a Lyft ride or stay at an Airbnb and earn miles: Earn miles for every Lyft ride in the U.S. or every stay with Airbnb that's booked at delta.com/Airbnb, giving SkyMiles Members more ways to earn miles.
3. Use miles on post-purchase seat upgrades: Score a seat upgrade using miles on the Fly Delta App and delta.com. Since its launch just a few months ago, thousands of customers have taken advantage of the newest way to use miles and secured upgrades to Delta Comfort+, Delta Premium Select, First Class or Delta One.
4. Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience with miles: Walk the red carpet, enjoy a private dinner with a world-class chef or go behind-the-scenes for an exclusive experience with Delta using miles through SkyMiles Experiences.
5. Redeem miles for a premium drink at Delta Sky Club: Top-notch champagne calling your name? Redeem miles for any premium drink at the more than 30 Delta Sky Clubs** that feature THE BAR, the Club's premium beverage experience.
"We are on the leading edge when it comes to listening to feedback and thoughtfully developing programs that bring more value to SkyMiles Members – whether it's launching Reclaim My Status or redeeming miles for a post-purchase seat upgrade," said Prashant Sharma, Delta's Vice President – Loyalty. "Our partnership with Ticketmaster gives SkyMiles Members a new way to earn miles on events and experiences they can enjoy with friends and family."
American Airlines extends the cancellation of flights scheduled to be flown by the grounded Boeing 737 MAX through Labor Day, a move expected to impact hundreds of passengers each day.
On the agenda is an expansion of Star Alliance Gold Track. This perk offers Business Class passengers, First Class passengers and Star Alliance Gold travelers an expedited path for the process of getting through the airport.
Dynamic pricing is a growing trend in the airline world. Delta and United are two carriers that have already embraced dynamic pricing. Lufthansa will be the first major European carrier to use dynamic pricing in its loyalty program.