Air Canada has revamped its economy fares for North America into five tiers, including a new, higher-end Comfort fare. The structure went into effect Wednesday and applies to both Air Canada and Rouge flights within North America. The tiers are:
- Basic: The lowest and most restrictive fare, it does not accrue miles or allow changes or upgrades. Checking bags and seat selection each are available for a fee. This fare appears only on select routes and through Air Canada's direct distribution channels.
- Standard: This fare includes seat selection and changes for a fee. Mileage accrues at 50 percent for transborder flights and 25 percent for domestic flights.
- Flex: This fare includes a free checked bag and full mileage accrual.
- Comfort: The fare comes with additional benefits, including same-day standby, early boarding, access to Preferred Seats and a free alcoholic beverage. Mileage accrual bumps to 115 percent.
- Latitude: The fare is fully refundable and includes two free checked bags, same-day changes and a voucher for Air Canada Bistro. Mileage accrues at a rate of 125 percent.
Business Travel News 4/4/2018