Meetings technology and venue network provider Cvent released its list of the top hotels for meetings and events in each the U.S., Europe, Asia/Pacific and the Middle East and Africa. This is the first year Cvent separated Europe and the Middle East and Africa.
Cvent looked at hotels that generated business in 2017 through its venue sourcing platform, Cvent Supplier Network. Cvent used a s ranking criteria each hotel's total RFPs, number of awarded RFPs, total room nights, awarded room nights, market share in its major metropolitan area, conversion rate and unique profile visits on the sourcing platform.
Cvent facilitated sourcing for more than $14.7 billion in meetings and events, including more than 40 million room nights, in 2017. The Cvent Supplier Network features more than 255,000 hotels, resorts and special event venues.
Gaylord Opryland retained its top position. Marriott properties were the most prevalent among the top 100, followed by Hilton and then Hyatt.
- Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville)
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention (Grapevine, Texas)
- The Venetian and Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casinos (Las Vegas)
- JW Marriott Austin
- Hilton Anatole (Dallas)
- Omni Nashville Hotel
- Aria Resort & Casino (Las Vegas)
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
- The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
- The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta
Among the top 50, Marriott, Hilton and then IHG were the most represented chains.
- Hilton Prague
- Hilton London Metropole
- DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Central Station
- Hotel Arts Barcelona
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Center
- Hilton Munich Park
- Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
- Rome Marriott Park Hotel
- Hilton London Paddington
- Intercontinental Vienna
Middle East & Africa
Marriott had more properties among the top 50 than any other chain, followed by Radisson Hotel Group.
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
- Conrad Dubai
- Intercontinental Dubai—Festival City
- Grand Hyatt Dubai
- Fairmont Dubai
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Finance Centre
- Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg
- The Westin Cape Town
- Hyatt Regency Johannesburg
- Madinat Jumeirah (Dubai)
Among the top 50, Marriott again had the most properties, followed by Hilton and then Hyatt.
- Hyatt Regency Sydney
- Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
- Hilton Tokyo
- Hilton Singapore
- Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok
- Pan Pacific Singapore
- Intercontinental Sydney
Business Travel News 5/16/2018